For more than 70 years, thousands of brides have traveled to Kleinfeld Bridal in New York City to find their wedding day looks. From the moment you walk through the doors, you’ll feel the magic of Kleinfeld. Not only does Kleinfeld have 30,000 square feet filled with the largest selection of wedding dresses in the world, it also has the greatest professional staff of over 200 employees who are dedicated to finding and perfecting your bridal look.
Cooped up inside self-isolating with your spouse-to-be? Now’s the perfect time to wedding plan from home! A great place to start? First dance choices, of course! We got the scoop from DJ Brian B on his recommended first dance favorites to give you a little inspiration. Get up off the couch and sway to one of these great first dance options to get your wedding planning gears moving, below.
Oldies But Goodies
“2008 was a break-out year for First Dance Song anthems,” says DJ Brian B. Each one of these below songs are still requested to this day, and for good reason!
- “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz
- “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele
- “You Are The Best Thing” by Ray Lamontagne
- “Marry Me” by Train (released in 2009)
“Starting in about 2012, there seemed to be an ‘it’ song released every single year,” says DJ Brian B. Whether you’re a country fan or love swaying to ballads, these are all great options for you!
- “Never Stop (Wedding Version)” by SafetySuit in 2012
- “All Of Me” by John Legend in 2013
- “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran in 2014
- “Die A Happy Man” by Thomas Rhett in 2015
- “From The Ground Up” by Dan + Shay” in 2016
- “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran in 2017
Calling all tradition-loving brides! Ready to withstand the test of time, these classics are perfect in every way.
- “Into The Mystic” by Van Morrison
- “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole
- “You and Me” by Dave Matthews Band
With romance, charm and a millennial feel, these anthems are the perfect option for the couple looking for a modern option for their first dance.
- “Always Remember Us This Way” by Lady Gaga
- “I Choose You” by Sara Bareilles
- “Stay With Me” by Sam Smith
- “First Day Of My Life” by Bright Eyes
There’s nothing quite like showing off your shared love of country music than dancing to one of these hits with your newly minted spouse. DJ Brian B recommends these two time and time again.
- “My Best Friend” by Tim McGraw
- “Then” by Brad Paisley
From 2013 on, DJ Brian B noticed that more and more couples want something unique. “Many couples don’t want an ‘it’ song and instead want something that is obscure and special to just the two of them,” he says. Below are some great b-sides and cool covers to jam to.
- “I Get To Love You” by Ruelle
- “Tenerife Sea” by Ed Sheeran
- “Stay With You” by John Legend
- “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz
- “Can’t Help Falling In Love (Elvis Presley Cover)” by Kina Grannis
- “At Last (Etta James Cover)” by Eva Cassidy
- “The Way You Look Tonight (Frank Sinatra Cover)” by Adam Levine
- “You Send Me (Sam Cooke Cover)” by Haley Reinhart
- Your Song (Elton John Cover)” by Ellie Goulding
- “I Want It That Way (Backstreet Boys Cover)” by Zita and Jonah Baker
For the Anti-First Dance Couple
Not a couple who loves the spotlight? That’s perfectly alright! “Maybe you’re a couple that really isn’t into dancing or being the center of attention, or maybe PDA isn’t your thing and you want something a little more upbeat to get rid of the awkwardness,”says DJ Brian B. Here are two perfect options for you.
- “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” by Izzy K
- “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen
Need more wedding music inspiration? Check out DJ Brian B’s samples!
Looking for bridal advice? Read our blog.