For more than 70 years, thousands of brides have traveled to Kleinfeld Bridal in New York City to find their wedding day looks. From the moment you walk through the doors, you’ll feel the magic of Kleinfeld. Not only does Kleinfeld have 30,000 square feet filled with the largest selection of wedding dresses in the world, it also has the greatest professional staff of over 200 employees who are dedicated to finding and perfecting your bridal look.
Let’s face it—dancing with your parent on your wedding day can be quite an emotional experience. Looking to keep things light and fun? Try one of these songs.
- “My Girl” by The Temptations
- “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison
For the couple looking for an alternative option, we suggest a cover of a classic! Your parents will cherish that you played a song they recognize, and you’ll love hearing the tune by an artist you follow.
- “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You (Frankie Vallie Cover)” by Lauryn Hill
- “Stand By Me (Ben E King Cover)” by Matt Johnson
Classics are classics for a reason—they never go out of style! For a traditional take, try one of these.
- “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton
- “Daughter” by Loudon Wainwright III
- “You Are So Beautiful To Me” by Joe Cocker
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” by Al Martino
- “Into The Mystic” – Van Morrison
- “The Way You Look Tonight” – Frank Sinatra
- “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You” – Rod Stewart
If you didn’t get the chance to see Camilla Cabello perform her song, “First Man” at this past Grammy awards, watch the above video and get ready to dance to this with the important father figure in your life. Loving the idea of a modern song for your first dance with your parent? Check out the below tracks.
- “One Call Away” by Charlie Puth
- “Daughters” by John Mayer
- “Always Be My Baby” by Mariah Carey
- “Everything” – Michael Buble
Not only does “I Loved Her First” by Heartland make a great country ballad to dance to with your parent, but DJ Brian B says it’s his most popular child-parent dance song by far. “This is on more than 50% of my playlists,” he explains. Thinking about blasting a country hit? Check out the below.
- “Stealing Cinderella” by Chuck Wicks
- “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw
- “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts