Bring pictures of dresses you’ve seen on our website, in magazines, on www.theknot.com, or that you’ve tried on elsewhere. And bring an open mind: don’t be surprised if you find “the dress” on your first visit to Kleinfeld. We have plenty shoes and undergarments for you to use when you try on gowns.
Bring the closest friend or family member whose opinion you value and who knows you well and with whom you want to share the experience of buying your gown. Bringing more than 3 others can take the focus off of you.
Special-order designer veils have a 3-4 months lead-time, so making a decision at the time you order your gown is helpful. At your first fitting, you can order a custom veil which we’ll make for you on premise.
You may walk in at any time to try on shoes or jewelry Tuesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday; Appointments are required on Sundays. Appointments are required for all veils and headpieces any day of the week. Click here for store hours .
Most of the gowns we sell are special-order. A special-order gown is made specifically for you by a designer, based on the measurements we take from you, the designer then uses their pattern that is closest to your measurements to create your gown. We then fit it to perfection for your body.
Your gown typically arrives 8-10 weeks before your wedding date. The dress is delivered to us directly from the designer and we perform a thorough quality control check on each gown. Once we are satisfied the gown is perfect, we’ll call you to schedule a first fitting, arrange shipping and final payment.
We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa, as well as cash and personal checks. (Personal checks are only accepted for deposit, not final payment)
If you are ordering a special-order gown, we require a 60% deposit at the time you order your gown. When the gown arrives at Kleinfeld and passes our quality control check, we’ll contact you to let you know and to schedule a fitting. At that point, we require payment of the remaining 40% balance.
If you are buying a sample gown off the rack, we require 100% payment and you must take the dress home with you that day.
If you’ve requested that we ship your gown out of state, your balance must be paid for in full before it can be shipped.
Our special-order gowns start at $2500, but are more frequently in the $3500 range or higher. Off-the-rack samples can be much less, discounted up to 70% off. We also offer a limited collection of gowns under $2500.
You should bring the shoes and undergarments you’ll wear on your wedding day in order to have your gown properly fit through the bodice and hemline. Plan to come to the store at least 30 minutes before your fitting appointment to get them, if you haven’t already.
A trunk show is a special in-store event, lasting one to three days, where you can view and buy from a designer’s latest collection months before they hit the stores. The designer and or their representatives are usually at the store during a trunk show. If you find the dress of your dreams at a trunk show, be prepared to make a decision that day, as the gown will not be in the store once the trunk show is over. Kleinfeld hosts a different trunk show every weekend. Click here to view our trunk show calendar.
No, it’s not too late, but every second counts! Your options include buying one of our samples off the rack or working with a consultant to determine which designers can meet your time frame for a "special order" gown, which could include an additional rush charge.
If your wedding date is sooner than the time we typically need to have a special-order gown made, we’ll need to consult with the designer and place a “rush” order, for an additional fee. In this instance, your gown may arrive 1-3 weeks before your wedding and details will be outlined in your contract.
That’s not acceptable: we want your experience in our store to be as memorable as your wedding day. If you find that you are not bonding with your consultant, please – ask to speak to a manager or to owners Ronnie & Mara right away. We’ll make arrangements for you to work with someone else to make sure you have a memorable experience.